In the spirit of Thanksgiving, here is a fun and simple expressive arts practice you might like to try.
Allow about 60 to 90 minutes for this activity
4 or more sheets of colored paper
other embellishments (optional)
1. Cut a circle shape from one colored paper
2. Cut 8 petals from different colored papers
3. Assemble a flower by gluing the petals to the back of the circle
4. Close your eyes and think of all the people and things you are grateful for
5. Go through the magazines and select images and phrases to represent the things you are grateful for
6. Arrange and glue your magazine clippings on the flower petals
7. Embellish with stickers, glitter, rhinestones, pipe cleaners, or anything else you wish to use
8. Hang your "Blessings Blossom" where you can look at it daily and fill yourself with gratitude for all the blessings your life holds
May your blessings continue to blossom!